January 31, 2013 (Raleigh, N.C.) — NC State is pleased to offer faculty and staff the new Debit MasterCard® feature associated with their official Wolfpack One ID Card. In just a few minutes online, faculty and staff can activate their account to have all or some of their paycheck automatically deposited on the card. Funds can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted, and they can manage your account online. This voluntary program offers two primary features that may be attractive to participants:
Banking: Everyone on the NC State payroll must receive their compensation via direct deposit. Pay will be on deposit the morning of payday, automatically. This can provide a great alternative to high minimum balances and banking fees of a traditional checking account.
Budgeting: Those looking for a convenient way to allocate funds for special purchases, such as vacation, holiday gifts or dining out, this program enables them to divert a portion of their paycheck to the account. It’s also a great alternative to a credit card, giving them the purchasing power of MasterCard without the fear of creating debt as participants can only spend what they have on deposit.
Additionally, the program allows participants to:
- Withdraw cash from any U.S. Bank ATM or any ATM bearing the MoneyPass logo. Visit www.moneypass.com to find nearby MoneyPass locations.
- Utilize our new virtual teller machine located in the NC State Bookstore beginning February 25.
- Use theirID Card to make purchases anywhere Debit MasterCard® is accepted, on or off campus
- Incur no enrollment or monthly service fee, plus there’s no minimum balance requirement.
- Register and use the Debit MasterCard feature even if you have an account with another bank.
- Have peace of mind knowing your account is backed by the strength and stability of U.S. Bank.
The new Debit MasterCard account requires faculty and staff have the current ID, which bears the Debit MasterCard logo. Faculty and staff who do not have the new card may trade in their old card at no charge until April 15, 2013. After that, the trade-in charge will be $10.
Faculty and staff interested in activating the account should visit onecard.ncsu.edu and select ACTIVATE MY DEBIT MASTERCARD ACCOUNT. It will route you through MYPACK PORTAL to the U.S.Bank site to register your account. After enrollment, go to the Employee Self Service Page–Payroll and Compensation–Direct Deposit to have your pay deposited straight to your new account. For more information, visit onecard.ncsu.edu or call 919-515-3090.