Talley Student Union to Open October 23
RALEIGH, N.C. (Oct. 23, 2013) – The University Student Centers Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the new Talley Student Union will open on Wednesday, Oct. 23, at 4 p.m. The facility, originally built in 1973, began undergoing a two-phase reconstruction in 2011. This is the first part of Phase I of the new the building to open.
“The vision of past students was to make NC State University a place of learning, collaboration, and service life,” said Wesley Lo, president of the Student Centers Board of Directors, who announced the opening of Talley Student Union earlier today. “This building certainly helps to accomplish just that. It is a building that students will thoroughly enjoy.”
According to Tim Hogan, director of University Student Centers, Talley Student Union will be the hub for quality student-life experiences.
“The vision of Talley Student Union is to reinvigorate the College Union idea at NC State,” Hogan said. “As we begin to open parts of this phased project, each additional service, venue, space, department and activity will bring this vision to life.”
Phase I of Talley Student Union includes the Pavilions Dining and Lounge, which features a large selection of dining options, indoor and outdoor seating, lounge space, and a temporary information desk. In the coming weeks, the gaming lounge and a large video wall with nine screens will debut as well as the outdoor green space, the Thomas H. Stafford, Jr. Commons.
New dining venues include Jason’s Deli, Red Sky Pizza Company, Los Lobos Mexican Grill, Tuffy’s Diner and Talley Market. All venues were developed exclusively for the NC State campus, with the exception of Jason’s Deli. This is the national chain’s first restaurant to be located on a college campus.
- Jason’s Deli: The popular sandwich chain will serve fresh signature sandwiches, salads and wraps made from premium, natural ingredients.
- Red Sky Pizza Company: Red Sky will feature New York-style pizza baked in a fire-deck oven along with Ceasar salads, antipasti salads and cannolis.
- Tuffy’s Diner: This classic diner will serve traditional diner cuisine, such as burgers, smoked BBQ, grilled pimento cheese sandwiches and banana pudding. Additionally, Tuffy’s will serve breakfast, including waffles, crispy bacon breakfast sandwiches and sides. Look for the signature waffle, baked in the shape of Tuffy’s head.
- Los Lobos Mexican Grill: Los Lobos will serve made-to-order tacos, burritos and quesadillas. Sides include house-made chips, salsa, guacamole or chile-lime rice.
- Talley Market: This convenience store will offer grab-and-go meals, beverages, sundries and snacks, including vegetarian and gluten-free choices. It will also feature a Howling Cow® ice cream counter and Yates Mill Bakery.
Additional parts of Phase I will open in Spring 2014 including Wolf Xpress, One Earth World Cuisine, Port City Java, the Senate Chamber, State Ballroom, meeting rooms and lounge space and office space for Event Services & RAVE! Catering.
Phase II of Talley is set to open in 2015 and will include the Student Involvement Center, office space, plus additional dining and retail venues, including the NC State Bookstores.
To learn more about Talley Student Union, visit go.ncsu.edu/talleystudentunion
University Student Centers and University Dining are services of Campus Enterprises, the lead division for retail and hospitality on the NC State University campus. For more information, contact Jennifer Gilmore at 919.513.3109 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.