Making a Difference Together

|

It feels like so long ago since my first blog post on here. I was ambitious, I had huge goals, I had this incredible vision for where I want the Bookstore to be, and I’m proud to say: we’re on our way there, and my sights have not been changed. The reality is, I have no idea how many people are out there reading these posts, or listening to our new podcast, or watching our new video blog. Sure, we have analytics, which help, to a degree. But how many lives are we affecting? How many NC State fans are we reminding what an incredible campus we are all a part of? The answer is not something tangible. It’s not a collection of hits, or a number on a screen. It’s not sales measured, volume of purchases, money donated, or any other measurable statistic. It’s the knowledge that with every new State supporter walking into the Bookstore, we are growing. It’s the ability to make one more person feel proud to be a part of our culture. It’s donating one more dollar than before so that we can continue to support our students. Did you know the Bookstore receives  zero funding from the state or university? That’s right, zero.

This means that the next time you walk into the Bookstore and buy something, you’ll know that 100% of that is by the students, for the students, and as a result of the students (and supporters of course). We (the Bookstore) are here for you, and because of you. It is that fact alone that we, unlike many other universities, haven’t sold out, that raises our pride and keeps us going. Let’s continue to do great things together. The reality is, we can change the world. Imagine the person who cures cancer was educated with a scholarship at State. It could happen, as one of our students has already come out with a new treatment for MRSA, a potentially deadly infection. Every cent you pay for your merchandise keeps the tradition alive. So follow us, support us, and be a part of something great.