Lead Dining Associate (Dining Halls)
Campus Enterprises Mission: Campus Enterprises is NC State’s division of retail and
hospitality organizations. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services
with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
Purpose: Provide vital support to Campus Enterprises and NC State Dining by providing an
excellent dining experience for all guests.
Location: Dining Halls (Fountain, Case or Clark)
Starting Wage: $9.25/hr + annual raises, tier 2
Schedule: Flexible shifts that work around your class schedule
Federal Work-Study Eligible
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead the Dining Associate team:
- Lead service staff, ensuring all protocols are followed correctly and consistently, and mistakes are minimized and corrected
- Communicate effectively with kitchen staff to ensure timely service of excellent food and assist in kitchen operations as necessary
- Train new Dining Associates
- Assist General Manager with recruiting employees and delegating tasks
- Work on special projects assigned by the General Manager or supervisors
Assist with daily operations:
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests
- Work in a fast-paced environment to prep, serve and restock food items
- Maintain temperature and sanitation to ensure food safety
- Assist with weekly and monthly cleaning of kitchen and production area
- Current NC State University student with a flexible schedule
- Willing to commit to a minimum of 12 hours per week of scheduled work for the full semester, excluding holiday breaks
- Ability to lead and motivate team members effectively to create a positive and productive work environment
- Ability to give clear and concise instructions and communicate effectively with diverse supervisors, peers and customers
- Provide exemplary customer service to every guest
- Work with a sense of urgency, always be timely
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Cross-trained in all functions of a Dining Associate through previous experience
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development, such as participation in Customer Relations and Professionalism Certificate or Leadership Intensive
Opportunities for Skills Development:
Working as a member of the Campus Enterprises team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership growth.
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Apply for this position (opens in a new tab)