Campus Enterprises Mission: Campus Enterprises is NC State’s division of retail and hospitality organizations. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
Purpose: Provide vital support to Campus Enterprises and NC State Dining by providing an excellent dining experience for all guests.
Starting wage: $10.00/hr + annual raises, tier 3
Location: Bragaw, Shuttle Inn, Wolf Village, Talley Market, or D-Cafe C-Store
Work Schedule: Flexible shifts that work around your class schedule
Federal Work-Study Eligible
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise C-Store Operations
- Manage midday, night or weekend store operations of campus C-Store including cash management
- Lead ice cream, bakery and C-Store department teams, ensuring all protocols are followed correctly and consistently, and mistakes are minimized and corrected
- Train student employees including Cashiers and Lead Cashiers
- Work on special projects assigned by the General Manager or supervisors
- Assist with daily operations:
- Communicate effectively with customers, resolve concerns and coach team to provide assertively friendly service
- Work in a fast-paced environment to operate register and restock food items
- When scheduled at relevant location, dip ice cream, make milkshakes and waffle cones, or process bakery orders
- Current NC State University student with a flexible schedule
- Ability to delegate tasks and communicate effectively with diverse supervisors, peers and customers
- Provide exemplary customer service to every guest
- Capability to solve problems and coach team members effectively to create a positive and productive work environment
- Work with a sense of urgency, always be timely
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Cross-trained in all functions of a Cashier through previous experience
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development, such as participation in Customer Relations and Professionalism Certificate or Leadership Intensive
Opportunities for Skills Development:
Working as a member of the Campus Enterprises team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership growth.
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Apply for this position (opens in a new tab)