Waitstaff – Terrace Dining Room
Campus Enterprises Mission: Campus Enterprises is NC State’s lead division of retail and hospitality organizations. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
Purpose: Provide vital support to Campus Enterprises and NC State Dining by providing an excellent dining experience for all guests.
Starting Wage: $7.25/hr + tips + annual raises, tier 1
Location: The Terrace Dining Room at Lonnie Poole Golf Course
Work Schedule: Monday- Sunday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve customers by taking orders.
- Cash handling and running a register.
- Keeping dining room area clean and sanitized.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, peers and customers.
- Provide exemplary customer service to every guest.
- Maintain grade A sanitation rating of 95% or better.
- Active listening and effective communication competencies.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure when dealing with difficult issues.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Opportunities for Skills Development
Working as a member of the Campus Enterprises team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership growth.
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United StatesApply for this position (opens in a new tab)