Student Cook Trainee
Campus Enterprises Mission: Campus Enterprises is NC State’s division of retail and
hospitality organizations. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services
with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
Purpose: Provide vital support to Campus Enterprises and NC State Dining by providing an
excellent dining experience for all guests.
Compensation: Minimum starting wage $9.25/hr with opportunity for raises based on years of
service within Campus Enterprises.
Location: West Dunn Building, with periodic event support that may occur in multiple dining locations around campus
Federal Work-Study Eligible
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of culinary staff, prepare made to order and small-batch cooking in a high volume food service environment
- Prepare ingredients for recipes and produce food following detailed, standardized recipes
- Read and follow both written and verbal instructions and recipes to efficiently assemble menu items and ensure food quality, appearance, and taste
- Maintain Grade A sanitation of 95% or better
- Current NC State University student with a flexible schedule
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, and customers
- Provide exemplary customer service to every guest
- Ability to work with a team to serve a diverse population
- Maintain an attitude of learning and personal growth
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Physically able to carry up to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness to handle and serve all types of food
Opportunities for Skills Development:
Working as a member of the Campus Enterprises team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership growth.
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national
origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an
an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and
interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the
identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.