General Manager’s Assistant (Current Employees Only)
Campus Enterprises Mission: Campus Enterprises is NC State’s division of retail and hospitality organizations. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
Purpose: Provide vital support to Campus Enterprises and NC State Dining by providing an excellent dining experience for all guests.
Location: Talley Pavilions
Compensation: Minimum starting wage $11.25/hr with opportunity for raises based on years of service within Campus Enterprises.
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist General Manager with tasks such as scheduling employees, on-boarding new employees, and filing or other administrative duties
- Serve as a liaison between General Manager and unit managers, supervisors or leads with regard to implementing processes or determining unit needs
- Train new Student Supervisors and Lead Dining Associates
- Coach service staff, ensuring all protocols are followed correctly and consistently, and mistakes are minimized and corrected
- Solve problems and communicate with other staff, managers, or vendors as needed to assure excellent service and food quality and safety
- Work on special projects assigned by the General Manager or supervisors
- Current NC State University student with a flexible schedule
- Willing to commit to a minimum of 12 hours per week of scheduled work for the full semester, including final exam periods but excluding holiday breaks
- Exemplary communication skills and maturity to handle complex situations diplomatically
- Experience effectively leading diverse teams
- Ability to balance among multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to train, coach, lead and motivate team members effectively to create a positive and productive work environment
- Work with a sense of urgency, always be timely
- Cross-trained in all functions of a dining unit through previous experience
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development, such as participation in Customer Relations and Professionalism Certificate or Leadership Intensive
Opportunities for Skills Development:
Working as a member of the Campus Enterprises team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership growth.
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Apply for this position (opens in a new tab)