NC State Dining has a retention bonus for the fall semester for students that meet minimum requirements. The goal of the retention bonus is to help provide enough coverage in units and keep a strong student-employee workforce through the end of the semester. The details are as follows:
Dining will offer a $1.00 per hour retention bonus to undergraduate and graduate students who stay employed through the semester. The minimum bonus amount will be $120 and the maximum amount will be $200.
- The student must be employed with Dining through Dec. 16, 2022.
- The student must work a minimum of 120 hours in Dining during the fall semester of 2022.
- A student may be hired to work for Dining anytime during the fall semester of 2022.
- Hours worked will be calculated from Aug. 15 – Dec. 6, 2022.
- The student employee must work a minimum of 12 hours between Dec. 3 through Dec. 16 in Dining.
- Hours may be worked in any format, i.e. all 12 hours in one week, 8 hours in week 1 & 4 hours in week 2, etc.
- The bonus is to be paid in the pay period following the date of commencement, Dec. 16. For 2022, this would be the pay period Dec. 24, 2022 – Jan. 6, 2023, with a Jan. 20, 2023, pay date.
All above criteria must be met to receive the retention bonus.
Based on the average number of hours students work in Dining, the retention bonus can be achieved by most students.