Multitasking

|

Multitasking

Last spring, I was given the opportunity to enroll in the university’s Webmaster Certification program through the Computer Training Unit. My department agreed to pay for the course to improve its ability to deliver dynamic marketing content to the university. I am really happy that I decided to venture into this area. I’ve been making websites for about fifteen years — already received a webmaster certification back in 2001 — but my skills were not at the level that they needed to be in this day and age.

A few days before I was to start the design track, I got the crazy ideas to go all he way and take the developer track. The course kicked my butt! Five months of training and another five months of practice, and I am just now starting to get a handle on it. I haven’t actually received the certificate yet… I need to prove my skills with a capstone project – which is what I’m working on now.

It’s Saturday evening and I am sitting on the couch working on last minute touches of the new Campus Enterprises website while watching NC State Men’s Basketball. Dr. Adams has asked me to submit a final draft Monday morning. On Friday, however,  I decided to completely blow up the old site and started fresh with one that was better organized.  It’s been a lot of work to get the site working properly again, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.