Attention all leave-earning employees and supervisors:
Leave earning employees need to certify their 2018 leave balances. Please see below for a timeline.
Here is what needs to occur before certification (Now through January 7, 2019)
- Employees should review calendars and submit any outstanding leave requests from January 1 to December 31 for 2018 by January 7, 2019.
- Supervisors need to review/approve any pending leave requests for 2018 by their direct reports by January 14, 2019.
- If the employee has a pending leave request, the certification cannot be processed. The balance will not reflect the correct leave amount until after the next Absence Management update
- The Certification process is two-steps.
- Employees must submit their certification request starting 1/9/19
- Supervisors must approve the request by 1/31/19
End of Year Balances
- SHRA employees cannot carry over a negative balance at year end.
- All negative balances must be resolved. If no leave is available the employee’s absences must be changed to LWOP.
- EHRA employee’s may carry a negative balance of no more than 160 hours (20 days) based on FTE.
- The 2018 year end rollovers will be done on January 8th, 2019.
- Note: December 31, 2018 is part of the University Holiday winter/break requiring employees to use annual/comp or bonus if not scheduled to work.
Videos to Assist with the Certification Process
Questions can be directed to Adrienne Ellis at email@example.com or 919-515-6352.