Meet Pho, Vishal, and Celeste

|

September 2021

Pho Rahlan

Pho Rahlan

Temp Employee, Clark Dining Hall

Pho‘s Nomination:

“Pho Rahlan joined Clark Dining in August and quickly blended with the front-of-house dishwasher team. During a time of staffing shortages, he continually works six days a week and sometimes comes in early or stays late to help make sure everything is done.

Pho helps others when they get busy and need a little help. He has rapidly become a valuable and respected member of the Clark Dining Team. Clark Dining is proud to have Pho Rahlan on the team and to be our Spotlight employee of the month.”

Vishal Nanasaheb Randhave

Vishal Randhave

Student Employee, On the Oval Food Hall

Vishal’s Nomination

“He is hardworking and can handle the entire workstation in the absence of some lead cooks without any supervision. He is a highly motivated team leader and can lead more than four people at a time. He is just interested in working without any kind of expectations from management.”

Celeste Lowndes

Permanent Employee, Wolfpack Outfitters

Celeste’s Nomination:

Celeste Lowndes

“Just a quick note to let you know about your employee, Celeste Lowndes.  My grandson had a birthday at the beginning of September and could not get home to celebrate.  I was so distressed because I could not get to him to celebrate either. After purchasing a hoodie for him by phone from the bookstore, I explained my predicament to Celeste.  She suggested that if I ordered and paid for cupcakes and doughnuts from a nearby store, she would pick them up and have them ready for pickup w/ the hoodie.  

I let my grandson know that his birthday gift was ready for pick up at the NC State bookstore. This meant so much to me that a bookstore employee was willing to go a ‘second & third mile’ for a distant grandma. I thank you for having such a fine employee in place to meet the needs of both my NC State senior grandson and me.”

We received a tremendous response to our request for spotlight nominees – permanent, temp and student – for September and look forward to selecting the winners. We will announce the winners soon, but in the meantime, keep those nominations coming. It’s times like these that it means a lot to stop and thank a co-worker for extraordinary service. 

Nominate someone here.