Dining Diplomat- Special Events Team
Campus Enterprises Mission: Campus Enterprises is NC State’s division of retail and hospitality organizations. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activities and scholarships.
The primary purpose of this position will be to assist in various aspects of the Nutrition and Wellness Team of NC State Dining, focusing on special event planning, staffing, and promotion. Nutrition major/ minor is preferred.
Pay Range: starting at $8.50 per hour, tier 1
Applications submitted after January 25, 2019 will be considered for Fall 2019 employment. The application deadline for Fall 2019 is Friday, August 23rd.
Essential functions and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assists with staffing special events, such as Wolfpack Welcome Week festivities, cooking demos, pop-up kitchens, themed meals, and other Dining events throughout the semester.
- Works with other Special Event Diplomats to create, implement, and staff various health and wellness related events to implement on campus.
- Promotes NC State Dining in a positive way, acting as a Diplomat (ambassador) to highlight the fresh, healthy, and nutritious options provided on campus.
- Works under Registered Dietitian Lisa Eberhart, as well as her assistants and interns, for great nutrition-related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, and customers
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service
- Nutrition major/minor preferred
Opportunities for Skills Development
Working as a member of the Campus Enterprises team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. There are opportunities for advancement and leadership growth.
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Apply for this position (opens in a new tab)