This blogging is getting pretty serious…

|

Someone told me yesterday that after she read my blog she concluded that I write like I type. This made me very happy for two reasons: first, it shows that I am completely serious about my personality, identity, and message when I’m blogging. Second, it means that this blog is real and genuine, and I’m doing EXACTLY what I want to do…Be myself! That said, for those of you who have read other variations of my writing, you’ll know that I fully take advantage of the liberties I’m allowed to take with this blog because when it comes to other forms of writing, it’s all business. With this in mind, let’s delve into some things that are on my mind today.

First, that awful, disgusting loss to Mary___ (not typing the rest of their name). If there’s one team I didn’t want to lose to (not named UNC or Duke), it’s a toss up between FSU and MD, and I’d say MD is worse. Why? For those of you who don’t know, MD sold out. They’re a founding member of the ACC, which means they’ve been here from the beginning, and now they’re up and leaving for “greener pastures.” I say greener pastures lightly because for one, they’re not a basketball school (despite their lucky win), and they’re not really a football school either. They’ll be a cell dweller in the Big Ten, and they completely sold out for the perceived increase in money they’ll get from their TV deal. Oh wait, right now there’s a block in the area for the Big Ten and there’s no money coming in! That might be a problem, Maryland! Anyway, so this loss hurt. It hurt badly. We don’t typically win in MD, but regardless, we should have won this won. Coming off a decisive victory over Duke, we had every reason NOT to lose this game, and we fell flat. Even in spite of the horrible play, we still had a lead in the final seconds of the game, and we made some terrible decisions and fell behind one point with .9 seconds left on the clock. Terrible. On the other hand, I’m conflicted, because Temple (my alma mater) won last night. The problem? They barely won. Against GWU! Not cool. GW had a 10 point lead going into the second half, and basically, we got lucky. I said Temple and State have a lot in common, they had a lot in common last night as well. Temple simply came out on the better end of a bad situation  As far as Temple bball goes, we’re looking shaky at best despite our record and signature win. Gotta step it up! I’m fortunate to be a State and Temple fan, two awesome fan bases, and I can’t wait to see how the rest of the season/playoffs plays out.

Alright, now that I got my emotional outburst regarding college basketball out of the way, let’s talk about some State marketing stuff! We’ve got the Roll Pack tee shirts (check out my press release: here) hitting the bookstore (and PNC center store) today! Exciting stuff because this trend has gone viral. So pick up your shirt today at the bookstore. Some other cool stuff happening: we’re nearing closer to the big bookstore news I’ve been hinting at. I have a big meeting next Tuesday to discuss it, along with a BIG SECRET SALE coming, SHH! I’m going to include some teaser pictures of the program to keep you all on your toes as well. Big things happening with the bookstore, it’s going to be great! For now, I guess I’ll tell you one more thing. Logos, brands, and clothes to display them. Not just any brands, big brands. That’s all for now!

Despite this blog entry seeming to be pretty long, I have one more thing I want to talk about: setting goals (and demolishing them). I love to inspire people, that’s MY goal. It’s why I wanted to get in to marketing in the first place. Inspiration supersedes imitation in my flattery department. If I’ve inspired you, that is what matters to me. So let’s talk about your goals. What are they? As you pursue your goals, know this: anything is attainable. Anything. I won’t even preface my statement by saying  “well, there are exceptions…” there aren’t exceptions. There is realistic (and unrealistic), but there are not exceptions. Exceptions are the limitations we place on ourselves, they are not real. What’s real is your success, so get it done.

In the mean time, as always, keep it locked for the latest on Alex ramblings, NCSU news/updates, and life in general.

When essay writing becomes too tiresome, time-tacking and challenging, essaylab.org is your most effective tool for coping with the problem. Even if you are a marvelous academician, you have to be a wizard in order to cope with literally ALL assignments. What to do, then, if you are not?